5 Nepali Products to Buy
1. Singing bowls- Don't go by the name. This bowl is widely used for various purposes, such as meditation, sound therapy, and sound massage, and is a very popular souvenir of Nepal. In ancient times, these singing bowls were also used as food bowls, mostly in the Himalayan region of Nepal, India, and Tibet. Singing bowls produce a wonderful humming sound when they are hit, tapped, struck, or rubbed by a wooden mallet or dowel.
2. Mheecha bags- Mheecha bags have become very popular in the past few years. They have become a style statement, especially among youngsters. Mheecha is a Newari word that means pouch. The team of Mheecha is inspired, in their words, by the traditional mheecha “for its minimal, classy design, strength, and durability”. Buy a Mheecha and support local products.
3. Kala Kathmandu- Kala Kathmandu is a product design company established in 2015. They bring innovative ideas to efficiently manufacture precisely engineered products. They don't only create their own products, but also help individuals and organizations achieve their market goals with attractive design propositions. They produce interior design accessories that act as decorative pieces and are also functional.
4. Goldstar- From producing mid-priced footwear in 1990 to producing stylish and in-fashion shoes in 2018, Goldstar has seen and done it all to lift the Nepali footwear market by competing strongly with foreign brands.
5. Paila - The word "paila" means "step". It is referred to as a mark of a foot or shoe on a surface. It reflects the decision to step up into creative endeavors. Step to revisit and re-imagine traditions, culture, and local skills. Paila is a “step" to make products in the most energy efficient way, using locally sourced materials as much as possible.